You can set up a configuration to send the Altar Live live stream feed to a custom platform, such as a multi-site streaming service that streams to multiple platforms and social networks.
Setting up custom live stream configuration
Using the Zoom integration, Altar Live allows you to stream to a custom platform.
- Enable Zoom integration on an event. You must to live stream to Facebook, you must use the Zoom integration.
- Start your event or meeting on the Altar Producer tablet.
- Next, join the event through the Zoom integration on a laptop computer. Copy and paste the link into a browser window, and if the event has already started, it will automatically prompt you to open the Zoom client on your computer. You will see the Zoom client appear as a presenter on the producer tablet (this may take a minute).
- Go back to the producer tablet and click close to leave the event. Make sure to click "Keep and Close" so you don't end the event completely. This action will then make the Zoom client on your computer the host of the event.
- Once the Zoom client is the host, you will notice a More button with three dots will appear on the meeting control bar. Click More
- Click Live on Custom Live Streaming Service
- Your default browser will open and you will be prompted to log into Facebook if you aren't already logged in.
- Start the event as usual on the Producer tablet.
- From your calendar - If you have added the webinar to your calendar, click the link displayed on your calendar reminder.
- From the Zoom website - Sign into Zoom, find the webinar in the My Webinars tab, and click Start.
- Click the More button in the Host Controls.
- Choose Live on Custom Live Stream Service.
If the organizer configured this webinar for live custom streaming, a browser window opens that shows the progress as Zoom prepares the live stream of your webinar.
- Next, enter the values provided in the instructions. These values are provided from you to the Altar support team who link it to your account.
- Click Save to save your live streaming settings.
- Streaming stops when you click End Event for All on the Producer tablet, or click the Stop Streaming icon on the Zoom client.