Welcome to Altar Live! We have put together this quick start guide to help you get set up easily.
Setting Up Your Account
When you register for Altar, you'll receive an email inviting you to set up your account. Create your account with an email and password. Once you create your account, you can log in and join your community.
Create An Event in Altar
- Create an Event in Altar
- Add other members to test an Event with you, assign event roles, and add the number of presenters and camera feeds you will use. These can be fake members with unique email address, or use incognito browsers to join the event on your web browser.
- Create Slides for your Event
- When you’re done, publish your Event to the calendar
- Next, download the Altar Presenter app and Altar Producer apps.
- Log in to the Altar Producer app on the tablet with your credentials. Start the Event on your producer tablet by clicking on the event card and clicking Start. Remember, if you are logged in as the Producer on the tablet, you should not join the event with the same credentials on the web browser or it will get buggy.
- Set up your Cameras and have your Presenters join the event.
- Set up Cameras: on your phone, open the Altar Presenter app and assign the phone as one of the cameras by entering one of the six digit codes. You can find the six digit code for each camera on the event details in your web browser.
- Set up Presenters: Presenters user their laptop or use the Altar Live app on their phone to join the event. They log in to their member account and join the ongoing event.
- Cameras and Presenters can join the event once the Producer has started the event on the tablet. The Join button will turn orange for them. General members or anonymous users will not be able to join until the Producer clicks Allow Members To Join on the tablet to go live.
- Practice toggling videos and slides by pushing them live!
- End the event on the producer tablet once you’re done. After a few minutes, the recording will finish processing and you can go back to the event link on the web or on the mobile app to watch the simulated live playback.