Turn any event into a completely virtual event, or a hybrid event!
Setting up an event
- Create an event
- Edit event details
- Give producer access for the event to member who will be producing
- Add presenters and cameras. Determine who will be presenting using their browser vs. the Altar Presenter app on a mobile device. You can choose to send notifications and presenter codes immediately or wait to send them later, closer to the event.
- Select event accessibility
- Create virtual bulletin. This is the order of service, agenda or schedule that members will see when they click on the event to view the details.
- Create slides. You can leave these blank or put in place holders. Only members who you have added to the event as presenters will be able to see these slides.
- Turn on any needed integrations
- Save event as draft or publish to the calendar
Testing an event
- Finalize the slides. Members who you have listed on the event will have the ability to edit slides. You can edit slides at any time before the event goes live or during a live event.
- Coordinate with everyone who is scheduled to present and make sure that they know their roles.
- Determine who will be presenting using their browser vs. the Altar Presenter app on a mobile device.
- Send presenter codes to those who will be presenting via the Altar Presenter app on their mobile device, or to anyone with a device that will have a camera role.
- Test your hardware. If you're using a soundboard, connecting to an external sound system, or other audio amplifiers, test these in advance
- Have everyone log-in to their Altar account and prepare to go live. You can lock each member's audio "on" to be able to communicate with one another while testing.
- Practice switching between presenters and forwarding slides on the producer tablet.
Getting ready to go live
- Start the event on the producer tablet at least 30 minutes before the event is scheduled to go live.
- Allow Presenters to join to test audio and video
- ---Send presenter codes to those who will be presenting via the Altar Presenter app on their mobile device, or to anyone with a device that will have a camera role.
Running a live event
- Allow members to join.
- Begin toggling cameras by pushing cameras and presenters live as needed.
- Push slides lives as needed.
- Keep an eye on members videos. Producer can turn off member videos if needed.
- Mute All or Unmute All members as needed for call and response.
- End event for all.
After the event
- Audio and video recording will process. When done, you can download from the event details in your browser.