The hospitality team creates a welcoming experience for first time visitors and regular attendees, and help with the general event management. They can chat with both general viewers and logged in members, answer questions, and manage permissions and remove people from the event.
What can the hospitality team do?
- Start an event by clicking Go Live
- Send automated welcome message to everyone when they join, both anonymous participants and logged in participants.
- Send messages and chat with anonymous participants and logged in participants
- Move everyone from live stream event to lobby
- Move everyone back from lobby to live stream event
- Remove a user from the event
- Host only: End event and table session for all
- Remove a user from a table (coming December 2020)
- Name a table (coming December 2020)
How does the Hospitality team work?
- The Hospitality Team includes Hosts and Greeters.
- Greeters and Hosts can chat with both general viewers and logged in members, answer questions, and manage permissions and remove people from the event.
- By default, the person who creates the event is a Host. Anyone else who has been checked as a Host will also have Host permissions.
- If the person who has created the event does not join the event and no one else has been made a Host, no one will be able to Go Live.
What's the difference between the Host and Greeter?
A Host is just a Greeter with extra permissions. Hosts have all the same permissions, however only Hosts can start Live stream by clicking Go Live and end it by clicking on End Event for All.
How to add people to your Hospitality team
Step 1: To add a Host or Greeter to the event, all you need is to click on Add members during Live event creation on the Team step.
Step 2: When the pop-up with the members is opened, click Select.
Step 3: Select one or more members to be a Host by clicking on the checkbox near the name.
Step 4: You can remove a member from your Hospitality Team by clicking on the trash bin near the checkbox.