Boxcast is an easy-to-use live video streaming solution. With Boxcast you can connect three kinds of video feeds to Altar Live:
- Simulated Live (this feature allows you to rebroadcast a past or uploaded broadcast)
- Live broadcast video (scheduled)
- Recurring Live (this feature makes it easy to set up multiple, recurring events)
- You can check the guide on how to schedule recurring broadcasts here
- Please find the guide on how to schedule simulated live events here
To connect Boxcast to Altar Live, you can choose 2 options:
- Use embed code option (coming soon)
- Use the Youtube/Facebook destination and then connect to our platform
Connecting Boxcast to YouTube
- Your Youtube account must be activated for Live Streaming in order to send video to them. You can activate that feature at www.youtube.com/features.
- If you are a customer on any of our Public plans, you can stream your broadcast to YouTube Live.
- Note: Be aware, Facebook operates on individual users. You must have a user who is designated as an admin of a page in order to send to a page. You cannot use a business page login. You need to use your own Facebook credentials and be set as an admin of the business page through Facebook's settings.
Step 1: On the BoxCast Dashboard, click on settings and click on the Integrations tab.
Step 2: Click the Add integration button and select YouTube.
Step 3: Follow Google's prompts to choose your account and grant BoxCast permission to use it.
Now schedule your event:
Step 1: On the BoxCast Dashboard, select Schedule a Broadcast.
Step 2: Click on Destinations and select YouTube Live:
Step 3: Choose a destination YouTube account.
Step 4: Once the broadcast is live on BoxCast, it will appear on YouTube Live as well.
Step 5: You can click Start Now and start the live stream right now or wait until the stream is started.
Step 6: Click on the arrow under Destinations section
Step 7: Click on the YouTube Watch Page option
Step 8: Follow the steps to connect YouTube to Altar Live.
Connecting Boxcast to Facebook
Step 1: Click Settings in the bottom-left corner of the Dashboard, then click Add Integration and click Link Facebook Account.
Step 2: Enter your Facebook credentials to log in through Facebook.
Step 3: When asked Who can see BoxCast's posts on your Timeline?, be sure to select Public. This gives BoxCast permission to post the live stream on your Facebook timeline or the timeline of any pages you manage.
Step 4: Now that your account is all set up, schedule a broadcast to go to Facebook Live. Click on Schedule a Broadcast.
Step 5: When you get to the Destinations section, click on Facebook.
Step 6: Select one of the options.
Step 7: After you select which page or pages you want to stream to, finish scheduling.
Step 8: Once the broadcast is live on BoxCast, it will appear on YouTube Live as well.
Step 9: You can click Start Now and start the live stream right now or wait until the stream is started.
Step 10: Click on the arrow under Destinations section
Step 11: Click on the Facebook Video Page option
Step 12: Follow the steps to connect Facebook to Altar Live.