The Top 5 Benefits of Having an Online Church Service
An online church service makes it possible for people to attend church regardless of their location. Here's breakdown of the top five benefits of having an online church service.
June 9, 2021
You may wonder what the benefits of having an online church service are. Is it really necessary to make the virtual shift? Why can’t we just stick to the old fashion way? These questions are valid, but having an online church service has many benefits:
- Low-Cost and Low-Resource: Live-streaming an online church service is incredibly inexpensive and requires very little resources. To have a successful service, all you need is a few basic technical devices like a computer, camera, and maybe a microphone. Also, most streaming providers are now very affordable.
- Further Reach: In terms of personal connections and community, an online church service can achieve that goal. Having an online church service has the potential to reach people all over the world. One person could be in Pennsylvania enjoying an online church service while another person could be enjoying the same service in Australia as they get ready for bed. The chances of the two viewers meeting in real life are slim, but with an online church service, these two people are brought together in community.
- Include Absent Parishioners: When church members cannot physically attend church on Sundays, having an online church service is very beneficial. Some people aren't able to go to church every week for various reasons. Being able to participate virtually from home can solve this issue.
- Expand The Community: Having an online church service will allow you to expand your church community. There won’t be any restrictions when it comes to seating. With most streaming services, you can host as many people as you want during your online church service. It will allow even more engagement.
- Archive Past Services: One of the most beautiful things about having an online church is the ability to record and save each service. Even if someone misses the livestream, they still have the opportunity to watch the recording on-demand. Certain platforms allow you to categorize the recordings into playlists for easier access and organization.
As you grow more accustomed to having online church services, you will begin to see so many more benefits! If you are hesitant to make the virtual switch, here is a quote from Angela Craig, author of Online Jesus:
“Which is right – gathering in person or gathering online?
In John 4, Jesus meets a Samaritan woman at a well. The conversation is long but at one point, the woman asks this question: “So tell me this: Why do our fathers worship God here on this nearby mountain, but your people teach that Jerusalem is the place where we must worship. ‘Which is right?’
Jesus responded, “Believe me, dear woman, the time has come when you will worship the Father neither on a mountain nor in Jerusalem, but in your heart…From here on, worshiping the Father will not be a matter of the right place but with the right heart. For God is Spirit, and he longs to have sincere worshipers who worship and adore him in the realm of the Spirit and in Truth” (John 4: 21-24).
So wherever you worship- in-person or online, do it with a sincere and surrendered heart.”