Getting ready for an upcoming event? Whether it's your first event or 100th, use this checklist to go live:
Set up the event
- Decide on the type of video and your video stream source: First decide whether you video feed will be live, pre-recorded, or simulated live. Next figure out whether you will be connecting directly from a video player (YouTube, Facebook, or Vimeo) or stream provider (Zoom, Boxcast, Restream, Resi, etc).
- Create the event: Create the event and connect your live stream feed.
- Onboard your hospitality team: Assign at least one person to be the host. Add as many other greeters as you want. You may want to run a test event with your hospitality team beforehand so they know what to expect.
- Share the link: When your event has been published, embed your event link on your website or send it out to your community via email, text, or social media.
Before the event starts
During the event
- Chat with people: You hospitality team can reach out to people as they start to join and their names appear in the Member list.
- Join watch parties: Select a seat in a row in the pew view to join a watch party with other. People can freely move between rows at any time.
- Move everyone to the lobby: When the live stream feed ends, anyone on the hospitality team can move all your online participants to the lobby. The Host can also move everyone back to the event at any time.
- Sit down at a table: People can grab a seat with others and freely move between video conference tables.
- End event for all: When your event is winding down, the Host can end the event for all.
After the event
- Approve new members: Check your Member panel for new sign ups.
Ready to use Altar Live for your own event? Check out How To Run a Church Conference Online!